Because a fablab truck could be awesome, but if you have to take a plane (or by bike when we'll run out of oil) you'd better have something more compact.
- The arbitrary goal is to make everything fit inside two luggages of 23kg (which is the weigh limit for a luggage if you travel with Air France)
- Such a kit will allow easy installation of a temporary fablab or to bootstrap a fablab's machines anywhere (the MicroLab may not have the same capacities of a full fablab, but with small machines you can make big machines ^^)
http://wiki.nybi.cc/index.php/%CE%9CicroLab (same in French and shorter)
What I imagine to have today in that theoretical kit :
- a FoldaRap
- laser : next big project here, probably with a pocket engraver to start, but I'm sure we can do something to make a big folding structure based on tensegrity principles...
- mini-cnc : http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:9182
- a kinect
- a small-vinyl cutter
- moldmaking silicon and resin to cast stuff
And a good toolbox !