Roland Modela MDX-20
The Roland Modela MDX-20 is a small milling machine and a 2 1/2D precision scanner.
This machine is mostly used for milling circuit boards, though it can also mill in other soft materials like machinable wax. For milling circuit boards you should export you design into a black&white monocroome png. For milling out 3 dimensional molds you should export your design as .stl
The second use of this machine is scanning. It uses a thin needle to gently touch the object and calculates from this a 2 and a half dimensional model. Though slow at processing, it can create a high detailed model.
|Roland Modela MDX-20|
|Maximum work area (x,y,x):||203 x 152 x 60 mm|
|8 x 6 x 2 3/8 inches|
|Maximum scanning resolution:||0,0508 mm|
Portal:Safety: Do not put your hands near the tool path unless you are sure that the machine is not going to move!
- Modela MDX-20 - 3D milling 3D puppet
- service .co birth m/wa tch?v=av7ud73nDpo Modela MDX-20 - Milling PCB
- Fab Academy project example of milling PCB using Fab Modules
- Example Workflow -> Sketchup -> Solidworks -> Modela
- Modela Connecting usb to serial
- instruction of 3D scanning with Modela MDX-20
- Further notes on installation of the scanner
- Fab Academy project example of high resolution scan with Modela