Change boot order
From Fab Lab Wiki - by NMÍ Kvikan
If you have dual boot on your pc and want to change boot order in grub.
sudo gedit /boot/grub/menu.lst
or if you have Ubuntu 11.04
sudo gedit /etc/default/grub
To change the default boot option, you just need to change the GRUB_DEFAULT parameter. 0 Then save and write:
If you want to delete other versions
- Go to Synaptic package manager
- Search for the versions that you don't want to have (e.g. 2.6.2
- Select the ones that are already installed, right click and Mark for Removal. -> Mark
- Linux headers, generic and image.
- But be sure not to delete the version that you want to have on your computer.
- Click on apply