Roland GX-24 CAMM-1
The Roland GX-24 CAMM-1 is a drag knife cutter. You can feed the machine vinyl sticker material for creating custom sized stickers. You can also feed it copper sticker material, useful for flexible circuits or antenna design. The machine can take a material on roll or a piece with the maximum width of 58 centimeters. You will need to prepare a vector graphics file in the shape you want to cut. The vector design file needs exported to PDF file format.
|Roland GX-24 CAMM-1|
|Maximum cutting width:||58 cm|
Portal:Safety: Do not put your hands near the tool path unless you are sure that the machine is not going to move!
How to prepare a PDF
A vector PDF can be made with either inkscape or Adobe illustrator.
- Inkscape is open source program, thus free to downloadː http://www.inkscape.org
- Illustrator is a commercial design software, which can be obtained via a licence ː http://www.adobe.com/products/illustrator
How to prep in inkscapə
When your design is ready, set the page size. (menu > file > document properties)
Then select you design and open the fill & stroke menu (menu > object > fill&stroke) to define the lines.
- for cutting shapes: turn off fill, turn on stroke, set it to 255 red, and set the stroke style to 0.02 mm
- For engraving keep the fill on and set it to black, and turn the stroke off.
if objects need to be joined, first make sure it is not a group (menu > object > ungroup)
- Inkscape: Quick start guide
- Inkscape: How to convert a image to a vector (video)
- Inkscape: how to get started (video)
- tutorial beginners project: How to make name sticker in Inkscape